'Saphira Sailing' is a blog about a Flying Tern 14 sailboat. I sail Saphira regularly and post the many new adventures I have on dock six In PDHM.

Friday 6 April 2012

Saphira and the first sail.

So SAPHIRA got refinished bla bla bla. Then 2 years ago my step father and I took her for the first sail. It was a cool, crisp day in May? I can't remember it was a long time ago, anyway we got her all rigged up and away we went. The waves were only small and the wind was maybe 7 knots? AGAIN I can't remeber, shortly just as we got the sails up the boat begane to heel! I became frantic and let the main out... way, way out! To my surprise this boat was going to take a little getting used to, Saphira is not quite the same as my parents S2 8m. A few minutes later we were half way to Turkey Point and I was getting used to this kind of dinghy! Saphira points up wind surprsingly well and is a great little sailboat for camping etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment