'Saphira Sailing' is a blog about a Flying Tern 14 sailboat. I sail Saphira regularly and post the many new adventures I have on dock six In PDHM.

Saturday 7 April 2012

Saphira Finished!

 In the fall last year I decided that Saphira needed new covers on her cockpit benches.... So, I took the 1/4 inch plywood off without any trouble then realized things were in worse shape than I expected. Under the plywood there are ribs and cross sections to support the covers, and inside all the wood is floatation. ALL the wood was rotten on the starboard cockpit bench, inside and out and needed replacement. Luckily for me the port side was okay and seemed as though it had been redone before! So 5 months later with some luck, help and advice this boat was ready to be splashed.
Brand new tiller tamer installed.
Shiny hull with new VC-17
Saphira looking good!
Cockpit  redone.
Feel free to comment or spread the word of the new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment